Mini Ferrero Rocher Cheesecakes — If you like Nutella, you’re going to LOVE these mini chocolate cheesecakes! With a buttery Oreo crust, a creamy decadent hazelnut filling, and topped with chocolate whipped cream, these EASY Oreo Ferrero Rocher mini cheesecakes are a must-try dessert! They’re indulgent and can be made ahead of time for holidays, dinner parties, or special occasions when you need a show-stopping dessert!
Easy Mini Ferrero Rocher Cheesecakes Recipe
Simple and elegant and with a strong chocolate hazelnut flavor profile, these Oreo and Ferrero Rocher mini cheesecakes are everything you love about Nutella but in cheesecake form.
They have an Oreo crust similar to my Mini Cherry Cheesecakes but are rich with a chocolaty taste like my Death By Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars. They are the best of both worlds which makes me love them even more!
Past the Oreo cookie crust, there’s an extra creamy cheesecake filling and just when you think it couldn’t get better, frozen Ferrero Rocher chocolates are ground into a paste and then added to the cheesecake filling for the ultimate rich and chocolaty hazelnut flavor profile.
Topped with a luscious chocolate whipped cream and another truffle on top, it doesn’t get any better when it comes to a dazzling dessert!
This Ferrero cheesecake recipe certainly has the wow factor and will impress any cheesecake lover just like a classic New York Cheesecake!
Ingredients in Ferrero Rocher Cheesecakes
You will be surprised that other than the decadent Ferrero Rocher chocolates, these mini chocolate hazelnut cheesecakes use simple fridge and pantry ingredients you can pick up on your next grocery store trip.
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Frozen Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Whole or 2% milk
- Full-fat cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- Pure vanilla extract
In case you’re wondering if the recipe is correct as written without eggs, it is.
Chocolate cream frosting
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
Note: Scroll down to the recipe card section of the post for the ingredients with amounts included and for more complete directions.
How to Make Mini Ferrero Rocher Cheesecakes
Impressive yet easy to make in a muffin tin, these baked Ferrero Rocher cheesecakes with chocolate cream are simple to put together with only a few step-by-step instructions. It may look complicated but I assure you it is not!
Remember to scroll all the way down to the actual recipe card for full details!
Step 1: Oreo Crust
Step 1: Crush Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs develop.
Step 2: Pour melted butter over the Oreo biscuits and use a fork to combine.
Step 3: Divide the mixture evenly in the cavities of the muffin pan and press down to form the crust or biscuit base as some call it. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Step 2: Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake Filling
Step 4: Using a blender or food processor, grind the frozen Ferrero Rocher chocolates with the warm milk until the paste forms.
Step 5: Add cream cheese and sugar to a large bowl and whip until smooth.
Step 6: Add sour cream, heavy cream, and a tsp vanilla extract, and continue to beat until smooth and creamy. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl. I use a hand mixer but you can use a stand mixer.
Step 7: Use a spatula to gently fold your Ferrero Rocher chocolate mixture into the cheesecake batter along with the cornstarch.
Step 8: Pour filling over prepared crust in the muffin tin.
Step 9: Place the whole pan onto a larger baking pan filled with 1-inch of hot water.
Step 10: Bake your Ferrero Rocher cheesecake recipe until set then cool completely before chilling in the refrigerator for 4 hours or at best overnight. Rim with a knife to remove.
Step 3: Chocolate Cream Frosting
Step 11: Combine chilled whipped cream, cocoa powder, and confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl and whip at medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Step 12: Transfer it into a pastry bag, affix a 1M or star-shaped tip (or the tip of your choice), and pipe it onto your chilled mini cheesecakes. You can also carefully add it with a spoon if you don’t want to pipe it.
Step 13: Garnish each top of the cheesecake with a Ferrero Rocher chocolate and serve.
- The temperature of ingredients: Softened cream cheese will whip better into a creamy consistency, so plan accordingly. On the other hand, chilled heavy whipping cream is ideal for getting the most volume out of the cream. It also helps to chill the bowl and beaters in the fridge or freezer before beginning.
- Do not overmix the cheesecake filling: Overmixing can lead to too much air in the batter and during baking those air bubbles could burst causing the cheesecake to fall and crack.
- Water bath: A water bath is essential as it creates steam in your oven and prevents your baked mini cheesecakes from cracking. A 9×13-inch baking pan should be deep and wide enough to help your muffin pan. Do not skip the water bath!
- Cooling: Don’t shortcut the cooling and chilling time. It may be tempting to place it in the freezer to cool initially, but that will impact the texture. Cool completely at room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours up to overnight. This helps the cheesecake set up correctly and leads to creamier results.
These mini Ferrero Rocher cheesecakes are the perfect snack-sized treat to serve for dessert at a dinner party or to include on a holiday platter.
You can serve them as is with a Ferrero Rocher chocolate on top or you can garnish with chopped roasted hazelnuts and a drizzle of melted chocolate for a fancier presentation.
While Ferrero Rocher chocolates often invoke thoughts of Christmas time and the holidays but don’t let that stop you from making these any time of the year!
They would also be delicious plated with a dusting of icing sugar and a side of fresh raspberries or strawberries!
For your Nutella lovers, topping the mini cheesecakes with a Nutella chocolate ganache will take them to the next level of delectable. Simply heat up some heavy cream over the stove until simmering then pour over Nutella in a bowl and stir or whisk until it is a smooth glaze consistency.
Storing Leftover Ferrero Rocher Cheesecakes
After you have chilled then topped your Oreo and Ferrero Rocher cheesecake with the chocolate whipped cream, it is best to store them tightly covered with foil in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also store this Ferrero Rocher dessert in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
When slightly frozen, it has a creamy ice cream texture that makes it perfect for enjoying during warm weather.
Mini Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake FAQs
This recipe was designed for cute mini cheesecakes that are perfect for individual servings.
While you certainly can make a full size cheesecake using a springform pan, you would need to do some testing and trialing to nail the recipe exactly right.
Now you’re talkin’ because who doesn’t want more cheesecake! So yes, you can certainly double the recipe from the yield of 6 as written to 12.
This is a better solution for those looking to have a larger final yield than making one big cheesecake (see the previous question).
With this, I am referring to the “mini muffin” size of desserts that you can buy in literal one-bite (or two-bite) muffins by the dozen or two dozen in nearly any grocery store bakery. You certainly can try – you’ll probably yield at least 12 and perhaps closer to 18 bite-size cheesecakes.
However, to me, this is very, very fussy work and not something I would personally ever want to undertake or even recommend.
I use a standard 6-count sized muffin pan. You don’t need a “jumbo” or “bakery-style muffin pan” which tend to be much bigger and deeper.
If all you have is a 12-count pan rather than a 6-count, that’s just fine. You’ll only need half the muffin pan cavities.
If you can’t find Ferrero Rocher candy in your area (or for some reason aren’t a fan of these nutty chocolates), you can potentially try substituting another candy such as chocolate Turtle Candies, Whoppers, Snickers, or even semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The exact taste will differ, and so will the texture, and you may need to play around with the exact quantity of candy you add, but overall the recipe concept should “work” with a bit of testing on your part.
Yes, it certainly is possible. For a graham cracker crust, you will need 3-4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, ¾ cup graham crackers processed into crumbs, and 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar.
Melt your butter in the microwave or on the stovetop, then in a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, and granulated sugar, and then slowly pour the melted butter on top and use a fork to combine.
- 15 Oreos (whole)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 Ferrero Rocher candies, frozen
- ¼ cup 2% or whole milk, lightly warmed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp (full fat, brick style)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Chocolate Cream Frosting
- 3 cups whipped cream
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted if it’s lumpy (I use regular, Dutch process not necessary)
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted if it’s lumpy
- 6 Ferrero Rocher candies, for garnishing
- Line a 6-count standard sized muffin pan with paper liners (or use a 12-count pan and only line half the cavities); set aside.
- Crust – To the canister of a food processor or high speed blender, add the Oreos, and blend on high speed just until a find dust has been created.
- Add the melted butter and pulse to incorporate or stir it in until you have a wet sand consistency.
- Evenly divide the Oreo mixture among the 6 muffin cavities and press to hard pack it down to create the crust layer. Place pan in refrigerator while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Cheesecake Filling – Preheat oven to 320F (not 350F, it is 320F or 160C).
- To the canister of a food processor or high speed blender, add the frozen Ferrero Rocher candies, the warmed milk, and grind into a smooth paste; set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, and beat with a handheld electric mixer (or use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) on high speed until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, 1/2 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and beat until combined but do not overmix because you will incorporate too much air which creates problems during the baking process; set aside momentarily.
- Add. the pasty Ferrero Rocher mixture, the cornstarch, and beat to just incorporate.
- Pour the cheesecake filling mixture over the Oreo crust, divided evenly between the 6 muffin cavities, and smooth the top of each.
- Baking – Place the muffin pan inside a larger pan such as a 9×13-inch pan or a roasting pan.
- Carefully add about water so that it’s about 1-inch high, or not quite halfway up the side of the muffin pan as it sits inside the larger pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the filling start to set. If yours has not set after 40 minutes, bake a bit longer until it is set.
- Cooling – Remove the baking pans from the oven, remove the muffin pan from the larger pan and the water bath, and allow it to cool at room temp for 4 hours.
- After about 4 hours, move the muffin pan to your fridge, where it needs to chill for at least 4 more hours, or overnight.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting – When you’re ready to assemble and serve the cheesecakes, make the chocolate whipped cream frosting by whipping 3 cups COLD whipping cream or heavy cream, the cocoa powder, and confectioners’ sugar with a handheld electric mixer (or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) until stiff peaks form.
- Piping – To pipe the frosting you’ve made, transfer it into a pastry bag, affix a 1M or star-shaped tip (or the tip of your choice) onto the bag, and begin to pipe it onto each cheesecake. Alternatively, you can simply add the whipped cream carefully with a spoon if you don’t care about the appearance of piped frosting and want to save time.
- Serving – Top each cheesecake with one Ferrero Rocher candy and serve. Extras will keep airgith in the fridge for 2-3 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month. The texture when frozen is almost ice cream-like.
Make sure your cream cheese is well softened to room temp for ease of beating it smooth. And make sure the whipping cream when you make the whipped cream frosting is cold.
Regarding the nutritional stats, they’re provided as a courtesy and computer generated. While I would not call the cheesecakes lite in any way, I think that the stats are skewing on the high side. You would need to calculate everything by hand if you’re concerned.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 760Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 8g
More Easy Cheesecake Recipes:
The Best Classic New York Cheesecake – Rich and decadent, creamy, sweet yet tangy, this is the BEST recipe for a classic New York style cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust! Impress your friends and family with this homemade cheesecake! Clear and easy directions are provided even if you’ve never made a cheesecake so yours turns out PERFECTLY.
Samoa Cheesecake — Smooth, creamy cheesecake with an Oreo crust and topped with chewy toasted coconut, caramel, and chocolate! If you’re a fan of Girl Scout Samoas Cookies, this homemade rich and decadent cheesecake with the same flavors is PURE PERFECTION! There are clear and easy directions even if you’ve never made a cheesecake so yours turns out amazing.
Best No-Bake Cheesecake — Look no further than this EASY recipe for PERFECT no-bake cheesecake with a tangy, cream cheese-forward flavor, and a homemade graham cracker crust! Impress your family and friends by serving them the BEST no-bake cheesecake after a special family dinner, as a holiday dessert, or anytime you’re craving perfect cheesecake!
Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites — These cute little cheesecakes are perfect for Easter! Creamy cheesecake filling sits atop a shortbread crust and is topped with a cheesecake pudding whipped cream, coconut, and mini chocolate eggs!
Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Bars – EASY bars that taste like crème brûlée met a cheesecake on the way to the oven with a sugar cookie crust!! Rich, sinfully decadent, and a great make-ahead dessert for parties and events!!
Easiest Crustless Cheesecake — No crust to make and whiz the batter together in the blender!! Easy, foolproof, and so good!!
Death by Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars — Only for serious chocoholics because they’re rich, creamy, decadent, and loaded with chocolate!! NO-BAKE and an easy MAKE-AHEAD dessert!!
Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars — A super chewy crust made with butterscotch chips and graham cracker crumbs that also doubles as the topping!! The silky smooth tangy cheesecake layer is the PERFECT contrast! A simple recipe that FAR EXCEEDED expectations!!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars — These caramel apple cheesecake bars feature a buttery crust that’s topped with cheesecake and spiced apples. After they’re done baking, the bars are drizzled with salted caramel sauce!
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars — These bars are full of the flavors of fall! The soft yet dense apple cheesecake layer tops a crisp, brown sugar-graham cracker crust, while gooey, salted caramel drenches the top. Yum!!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars — These pumpkin cheesecake bars are a texture lover’s dream with a crisp brown sugar-graham cracker crust, a soft yet dense pumpkin cheesecake layer, and gooey soft salted caramel swirls the run like a river over the surface.
No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes — These no-bake mini cheesecakes require just 5 ingredients and don’t require you to turn on your oven! Perfect for holiday parties, birthdays, and more!